Sunday, February 12, 2017

#43 (12/2)

Today has been hard.  I've had two nights out in the Ambulance, one from 11.30pm to 3.30am.  I didn't get a chance to have a catch up sleep and then the second night happened.  We're in Beechworth because I'm on call here and life is feeling totally upside down.

On the way home from Church today, I said to Eb that we were heading home to pack up again.  I got such a surprise when she burst into tears.

I hadn't realised just how hard this has been on her - I've been too busy thinking about how hard it has been on me.

I'm grateful for that outburst of emotion from her - it shows me she knows how to express her feelings and she's not frightened to do so.  It gave me an opportunity to talk to her and help her through this time.  Silence would be very unhealthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment