Wednesday, January 25, 2017

#25 My big brother

I have a wonderful big brother called Terry.  Today he turned 59.  He is the most amazing man I know.  He has always wanted to be married and have a partner for life...but sadly that has never happened for him.

Many take the blessing of marriage for granted, and there's times when I'm one of those people.  Marriage, if worked at, is a partnership for life and a truly wonderful thing.  I know there is a part of my brother that is empty because of that missing part in his life and he suffers from loneliness as a result.

But you would never know.  He never complains about it.  He spends most of his life helping others and using the pain of loneliness to reach out to others.

I'm grateful for him today.  Very grateful for the times we spend together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment