Friday, January 27, 2017

#27 Stories

Today has been a big, emotional day.

I decided to take Ebony to see 'Lion'.  A movie about a small boy who became lost in India (his home country), then he was adopted by an Australian couple. He managed to find his mother through Google Earth.  A true and amazing story.  I cried lots.  I cried because the story is amazing and I cried because there were some parts that took me back to parts of our journey.    

This will not be Ebony's story.  The chances of her finding her birth parents is a million to one.  She knows that.  We've talked lots about in over the years and some more before seeing the movie....and more again after.

Did it give her some extra insight into what adoption means - definitely.
Did it give her some thoughts about being able to find her parents - I doubt it.
Did it give her some thought processes to help her through some of the tough times - I'm sure.

Did I do the right thing?  I believe so.

No comments:

Post a Comment